If you are looking for rap ideas, MusicBeats.Net can help! We know it can be tough to figure out what to freestyle or rap about so we put together a long list of rap ideas for you to use to make rap songs or freestyle with.
Here are the best rap ideas you can use to write a rap song in 2018-2019:
- Subject. Create a rap song about a boyfriend, girlfriend, baby, parents, grandparents, friends, neighbors, teachers, dog, cat, etc.
- Time Frame. Create a rap song about the past, present, future or things you think about, dream about, want, need, etc.Snowman from Odd Squad Family did a great example of this topic with his song “Wasted Time“Wasted time you cant get that back
Just stay on yo path
Go ahead and take that chance
You can’t go back
Go ahead and end that lap
- Emotion. Create a rap song about love, friendship, passion, pleasure, happiness, understanding, strength, etc.
- Life. Create a rap song about your life such as your birth, health, mental struggles, school, transitions, work, accomplishments, etc.
- About your Mom. Everyone has a mom or has had one at some point and can relate to this topic.Check out “Dear Mama” by Tupac ShakurWhen I was young me and my mama had beef
Seventeen years old kicked out on the streets
Though back at the time, I never thought I’d see her face
Ain’t a woman alive that could take my mama’s place
- To your favorite teacher. Teachers help us grow and some spend more time with us than our actual parent do. Wouldn’t it be nice to show a little appreciation to our hardworking teachers that do not get the credit they deserve most of the time.
- Your best friend. Your best friend is someone who is there for you no matter what and is your ride or die, why not make a song about them to tell them how special they really are to you.
- Love. Love is one of the most powerful feelings in the world. Most rappers typically choose their girlfriend or wife to write this song about but it could also be about a close family member or child.This is one of my favorite love songs out right now called “Bood Up” by Ella MaiFeelings, so deep in my feelings
No, this ain’t really like me
Can’t control my anxiety
Feeling, like I’m touching the ceiling
When I’m with you I can’t breathe
Boy, you do something to me
- Change. Make a song about something you are changing or want to see changed.Michael Jackson made an incredible song about Change called “Man in the Mirror” that is a great example of this topic.I’m starting with the man in the mirror
I’m asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you want to make the world a better place
(If you want to make the world a better place)
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change
- Getting through depression. Depression is a serious issue for teens and needs the right attention. Make a song about ways you have gotten through depression or positive things you would say to someone to help them get through their depression.Logic’s “1-800-273-8255” is a great example of making a song that could help someone.I know where you been, where you are, where you goin’
I know you’re the reason I believe in life
What’s the day without a little night?
I’m just tryna shed a little light
It can be hard
It can be so hard
But you gotta live right now
You got everything to give right now
- Overcoming anxiety. Anxiety is another big issue with young adults. Helping people through their problems will make them fans for life. Furthermore, if you inspire or motive them you’ll be the first person on their playlist.
- Combatting bullying. Bullying isn’t cool at al. Write a song about the effects of bullying and why bullys should stop what they are doing because they don’t know the problems they are creating for the present and future of an individual.
- Dangers of unprotected sex. Too many rappers these days try to make it seem cool to have unprotected sex. Well, unless you want a child early in life or a sexual disease, you should think twice about having unprotected sex these days.
- The danger of taking drugs. Drugs are cool… NOT. 99% rappers rap about and glorify drug use. Why not stand out and not glorify drug use. Glorify a healthy lifestyle! If you are going to talk about drugs, talk about the medical benefits of them if there are any.
- How not drinking is cool too. Not everyone has to drink to be cool and not every song has to be about alcohol to be cool either. Too many songs these days are all about alcohol abuse. If you are going to make a song about alcohol, be more like Kendrick Lamar who made the song “Pour Up Drank”.
- Dealing with exam stress. Tests and exams can be super stressful. Make a song that will help teens or young adults feel less stressed during test or exam time.My own lyrics lol“This exam ain’t nuthin,
this test I’m Crushin”
- Peer pressure. Everyone wants to be like someone else. Guess what?? That someone else they want to be like is being themselves. Be yourself!! Make a song that tells teens that it’s ok to be yourself.The Odd Squad killed it with this rap idea in their song titled “Be Yourself” produced by me Efreezee.“I grew up and learned you gotta be yourself,
Then I blew up doing me what else.
Proving everybody wrong that tells me no.
So I’m go and get it just enjoy the show.”
- Social media. Social media is full of things teens could be worried about. Talk about how cool it is to not need likes, comments or shares. Too many teens feel negative when they don’t see enough attention on their posts. Let them know that it is ok to not be cool on social media. Most of the really popular people don’t even run their own social media accounts, they pay someone else to do it for them.